Friday, August 28, 2009

Does Life Ever Slow Down?


Well, work is EXTREMELY busy for me now. Being the lead on an application upgrade project is stressful to say the least. However, being the first company in the industry to complete the upgrade will be very rewarding, that is if we can get all the bugs figured out. I'm positive we can do it, it will just take us a little longer than we had previously expected. Working late, of course has its many disadvantages.

First, it takes away from my time with Jason. We are both very busy and active, so this causes us both stress. We like to see each other and spend time with each other (yes, we still like to go on dates with each other). It has caused me not to cook as often, which is something I'm not the happiest about. It seems that I eat more when I go out to eat, which isn't good for all the hard work that I've put in to keep the weight off. I also just feel crappy in general when I eat things that aren't that good for me. I guess the old saying, 'you are what you eat', is true.

Working more hours also takes a major chunk of my gym time away *pouts*! Yes, I'm pouting about this, because the gym helps me de-stress. When I've had a bad day, or I know that I'm going to have a hectic day, I love going to the gym and being able to run. It relaxes me and especially in the mornings, it gets me ready for the day and gives me energy.

Jason is also playing softball this season with a friend. (They won their first game last night!) I missed it unfortunately, but it was because I was catching up with some friends/ex-co-workers that I haven't seen in a while.

Football season is also starting. I LOVE FOOTBALL! Next Thursday is our first home game. (GO WOLFPACK!!) We have a blast spending time with our friends, tailgating, and of course going to the games. However, it takes up most weekends, and is an all day event. So house work and work work that doesn't get done during the week, gets crammed into getting done on Sunday *sighs*. But that's typical fall for us! Hopefully we will get one or two weekends here or there to relax a little.

I am still however looking forward to November (the 20th to be exact!). Yes, I'm super excited about it! Not only does New Moon come out in theaters, but I also get to meet some lovely ladies in person for the first time! They are staying at the house, and I'm sure we will have a blast! (I think Jason's scared of having a house full of "Twilight people"!) It is one of the girls birthdays too, which means, there must be a cake! I know exactly what I'm going to do! (Not telling yet though, its going to be a surprise!) I also love playing hostess, so that will be fun as well! Several of us have been trying to get everything decided and planned for several months, trying to decide who can meet up, where we can meet, and all that fun stuff. So now that we've decided, I'm getting more and more excited!

Well, I'd better get back to the busyness that is life!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment