Saturday, May 8, 2010

CUPCAKES!


I have been experimenting more lately with my baking...mainly experimenting with cupcakes. So far, I've come up with 3 new recipes. I've been pretty satisfied with most of them so far the most popular have been the cookies & cream. This week I did fresh strawberry cupcakes. I figured since it is strawberry season here in North Carolina that I would try to make one that was seasonal.

The frosting turned out great! It tastes like a strawberry milkshake. The cake I think is missing something, but I think I will try the cake once more...and the icing! (Nomnomnom!)

I have finally came up with a great butter cream recipe and came up with a good peanutbutter butter cream icing.

I'll post a few recipes as I come up with them. I think maybe a maple bacon next time...hmmm, or dark-chocolate bacon, sweet & savory. :D

1 comment:

  1. I've been all about the cupcakes lately. Eating them, that is, not baking them. ;) They've opened up a ton of cupcake shops all over Miami. I guess they're all the rage now?

    ReplyDelete