Sunday, October 9, 2011

I'm still here...

This year has been crazy, busy, exciting, and stressful. Since my last post a lot has changed, and while I wasn't sure about some of it, it seems to be happening for the better.

In June, Jason & I went up to Washington D.C. for the first time since we were both in 7th grade. It was interesting to see how so much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same. We chose DC this year for our vacation, not so much to see the sites, but because we wanted to go to SAVOR, a craft beer event. This year, LoneRider Brewery was invited and we wanted to go too. Jason & I even got to pour for a while at the event. It was interesting to taste all of the different beers, yet still getting to have my Sweet Josie, when I didn't like something. It was a lot of fun to go to the different events around the city and see it through different eyes than I had when I was in 7th grade.

When we got back, the following week, I got a rude awakening, I was laid off from my job at INC Research. I'd been there for over 4 years. The company was growing quickly, via another merger, and some had to be let go. I was one of those that were let go. Right after it happened, I didn't know what to do, but I started job hunting, and landed a great job. I am now with November Research Group. Doing similar work to before, with the added perk of working from home and traveling when needed to meet with or train clients. I've traveled a lot already, mainly up to the Boston area, but I've enjoyed it.

Jason & I have of course been wrapped up in football season, as well as work, and life in general. We are also working on some major changes to the house. Some long needed improvements, and some that happened by default...like my office floor.

Any of you who have stayed with us during the winter know that our house was drafty. Old wooden windows don't make for a very energy efficient house. Gone however are the wooden windows, and now we have pretty new windows that actually open and close without multiple tries to get them open or closed.

We also have beautiful new wood floors in the office and hallway. The stair treads are getting replaced later this week with matching wood as well. I can't wait to see it done, because the changes already are amazing.

Once we have the floors finished and my office back in one piece, I think we will take a break for a bit, because you know I will be decorating for Christmas as soon as I can bug Jason enough to get down the Christmas tree :)!

So that is what has been up with me, well part of it ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment