Thursday, June 25, 2009

Reading...

It's half way through the year and I was looking back at my blog posts and such over the past year. I noticed that I have read more this year than I have since I think about middle school. (This is reading for fun, not counting the numerous text books and other books they made us read in school.) I never realized how much I actually missed reading.

What made me start reading again? Lyndsye. Why, well, she took me to see Twilight over Christmas (the first time we got to do that in years too!) and I of course left the movie confused and didn't get the story line at all. She kept asking me to read the books, that the books were so much better...well that started it all. I started with Twilight, and then finished the Saga (New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn) in less than a week! Jason went without his wife for a week, the story was so captivating that I really couldn't tear myself away to stop. I haven't read a book before that has captivated me so easily. After I read the Saga, yes I read it again...same thing, still LOVE the story and the characters. Stephenie Meyer referenced several classic authors that I hadn't read in year also. So I then I read Wuthering Heights and Mansfield Park.

I 'read' these two books in high school, but I use that term loosely, I probably just read the Cliff's Notes. I never liked reading books that I was told I 'had to' read. Reading before was enjoyment for me. Next I moved on to another novel by Stephenie Meyer, The Host: A Novel; this was more of a sci-fi novel for her. Again, she captivated me with her characters and story. I continued to read and just the other day realized how many books I've actually read this year. I've been proud of myself for continuing to read, and I plan on continuing to read.

So far other than the books I've already mentioned I've read:


I just finished reading the Mortal Instruments series (City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass) by Cassandra Clare, which was almost as captivating as Stephenie Meyer's writing. Cassandra Clare is in the process of writing the prequels, The Infernal Devices, to the series (which I'll be reading as they come out).

Now back to reading...

1 comment:

  1. I am on City of Ashes right now. I am loving it since it's the first books I'm reading since finishing the Twilight saga. Cassandra does know how to suck people in. (I'm so sad still about the whole Jace/Clary thing.)

    ReplyDelete