Thursday, February 26, 2009

YEA!!

Today, in a class at the gym, we were asked to do hand stands! Now if you ever saw me run or in gym when I was younger you would understand that this is not something I would EVER try. (Somehow I could pull off being 'graceful' when I was dancing, but that isn't the case with walking :)!)

I've been taking this class, Power O2, for about a year now (off and on). When I first started, it was the hardest workout I'd ever attempted to do. I say 'attempted' because I was out of shape and the slowest person in the class. We had been asked to do handstands in the past, and I just kind of laughed at the trainer. In September, I finally got up the nerve to actually try it for the first time, and I was able to do one with someone holding my legs. However, I wasn't able to keep myself up there very long. Of course since last September, I've started working with a personal trainer, Jonathan, who is great! He pushes me to do exercises that I never thought I would be able to do. (Granted, I may not be able to move without pain for a few days after, but it works.) I've been working hard outside of my training sessions also trying my hardest to get in shape. So this morning, when we were told to do handstands, I was actually excited to see how I would do. I was able to hold it for awhile and it was fun! I was able to do several of them, and that made me happy! :) It kind of made me feel like the hard work was starting to pay off.

He also asked us to walk on a rope thing (not too far off the ground), but that didn't go so well. I apparently have NO balance! But I was happy to be able to finally do a handstand and not be scared :).

No comments:

Post a Comment