Monday, March 9, 2009

We Never Seem to Slow down...

We have made it through 2 entire weeks without meat! I'm doing okay, but I think Jason is starting to miss it.

Last week was a very busy week with work and such. I had two very early mornings where I had to get up at 4:30 am to train a new safety employee in Europe. Unfortunately, on the second morning of training, the database was down, so I had to wake up very early this morning to finish the training.

Friday night Jason and I decide to try out First Friday. It's were some of the local bars and art galleries stay open late and have drinks and specials. We had great weather and enjoyed walking around downtown Raleigh for the night. (Sadly, even though I've lived in Raleigh for 8 years now, I've never really taken the time to walk around downtown to see what is there.) We found a lot of new places to try and had a great time. We first went to Artspace, where we saw some things we liked, others we didn't care for so much. There were a couple of the artists there painting as well. Saturday, we went to the CD release for Nathan Oliver in Chapel Hill at Local 506. Garrison plays trumpet in the band for them. They are pretty good, I'd not heard them before, but I enjoyed the show. We had good weather again, so we were able to walk around Chapel Hill a little before we met up with some people for dinner.

Sunday, I finally got a little time to relax. It was so nice out, most of the afternoon, I sat out on our deck and read some in The Host: A Novel. Since Lyndsye turned me on to the Twilight Saga, I've been reading a lot more. I didn't realize how much I'd missed reading. The Host is by the same author, Stephenie Meyer. I like her writing style, so I hope she continues writing. Once I'm finished with the book, I'll let you know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment