Friday, October 9, 2009

Visiting Carole, Alan, & Allan!



Since our first football game this year was on a Thursday night, and it was Labor Day Weekend, Jason and I decided to head down to Morehead City to see Carole, Allan, & Alan. I hate that we can't get to see him more, so I jumped at the chance to go see the world's cutest little boy, my nephew!

We found what we thought was a great deal on the hotel room, but little did we know that I would not even put my bag down in the room!! Now granted we had stayed in this hotel once before, but not in this particular building. We normally get there kind of late, because we of course can't leave until after work, then we have to drive the 3 hours to get there. So about 10 pm we finally get to the hotel and get our room key. Jason thought he saw something move and when we cut on the light there were 3 cockroaches on the wall! I am not joking!!! If you know me, you know that I am petrified of bugs! (I had a full out anxiety attack in the lab in college because they wanted me to work with and TOUCH a freakishly large cockroach!) So I told Jason we weren't staying there and we walked out. Sadly we were not the only people that night with critter issues in our room. But we got lucky, seeing as how it was Labor Day weekend, we were able to find another room for a relatively good price that was bug free! :)

Saturday went MUCH better! It was very nice out so we went to the beach for part of the day and just relaxed and spent time with Carole and Allan. Alan had to fish, so we unfortunately didn't get to see much of him, but it was still nice to get to spend a little bit of time with them. We went out for dinner and found out that little Allan hadn't gone out much at night and didn't really like riding in the dark. So Uncle Jason came to the rescue with his iPhone! There is a 'Christmas Light' setting in the flash light app that he has on his phone, so he cut it on and held it for him to look at. Then little Allan was happy and rode to the restaurant very quietly while he watched all the pretty lights.

I can't wait to get back to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment